Parish Pastoral Council Meeting
Monday, March 18th, 2013
Members Present: Fr. David Raymond, Deacon Bob Hitter, Deacon Peter Calik, Diane Hitter, Joan Bator, Bob Copeland, Wally Boyer, Jim Pelletier, Julie Pelletier, George Sweet, Dominick Lovallo, Lori Di Lego, Regina DiLego, Stephanie Meyers, Ann Cain
Members Absent: , Ed St. John, Pam St. John, Stasia Mott, Joanne Pasquini, Margaret Camin
Review of January 21st, 2013 minutes approved with amendment.
Opening Prayer: Deacon Peter Calik
Prayer to St. Joseph (see attached)
Fire Alarm System – George Sweet
- Price of Alarm System has increased to $7737.05 this includes smoke detectors, CO Detectors, central monitoring, etc.
- A horn strobe will be installed on the staircase leading to the Rectory Basement. A CO detector will be installed in the Choir loft and the Classrooms on either side of the doors entering the hall.
- The rooms will now be named Classroom 1 and Classroom 2 (No longer Hiker Rooms) to comply with building codes (overnight stay regulations).
- A separate phone line will be installed for monitoring which will cost $300.00 per year.
- Other inclusions will be keypads and natural gas detectors and modules.
- 1st year is under warranty and will be tested 2 times per year @$280.00 per test.
- CO detectors must be changed every 5 years at a cost of $1240.00
- A vote was taken to approve changed in equipment and price. One 1 negative vote was cast.
- See attached reports.
Religious Education - Deacon Bob:
- The Second Grade presentation of the Last Supper and the Stations of the Cross “DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME” has been postponed to April 9th from the original date of March 26th
- Banner making for our First Communicants will be held in the church Hall from 6:00-8:00 PM on Wednesday April 3rd. Thank you to Terri Ryan for taking on this responsibility.
- Safe Environments Program – Child Protection
Mandated by the Diocese.
Monday April 22nd 1, 3 Grades
Tuesday April 23rd 2,4 Grades
Sunday April 28th 5-10 Grades
Program entitled “What to do if…
- Confirmation Final Session – Sunday April 28th
Pizza & Soda Party
1hour of service packing greeting cards to send to the missions.
- Closing of Religious Education Program for this year.
Sunday May 5th Youth Mass
Monday May 6th Grades 1,3
Tuesday May 7th Grades 2,4
- First Holy Eucharist – Saturday May 11th 10:00 AM. Prayer Partners are invited to attend as well as family, friends and all parishioners.
Maintenance – Jim Pelletier:
- Father’s bathroom has been inspected. Drains and shower heads have been changed and are working much better. The tile and bathtub must still be inspected regarding possible repair or replacement. Jim will look into this.
- See attached report.
Music – Ann Cain:
- Rehearsals are proceeding for Holy Week
- NAM choir working with Ann
- Lisa Ryan to sing more during Mass especially during the Responsorial Psalm
- Ann will have a hip replacement April 22nd and will be unable to climb staircase to the Choir loft
- A keyboard is being looked into to be placed in front of the church. The Choir will sit in the first row or two.
Finance – Ed St. John III
Deanery Pastoral Council – Diane Hitter
No Meeting/No Report
North American Martyrs Report: - Regina DiLego
- Stations of the Cross are being held on Friday’s during Lent
- Deacon Peter will do the Stations on Good Friday
- At the Shrine meeting it was decided to hold a nine day Novena beginning on July 6th and ending of the Feast of Saint Kateri July 14th.
- A different activity for each day of the Novena will be decided upon; a trip to Auriesville, an ice cream social, a pot luck dinner, Mass, etc.
- A bronze statue for outside was discussed and prices are being investigated.
- A stone Rosary would surround the statue
- Father wants a carved wooden station for NAM and for St. Mary’s Church.
- New holders for brochures, prayer cards, etc. have been purchased.
- The next Shrine meeting will be held on April 1st
- The Soup and Bread Dinner was a great success. 212 people were in attendance to taste 33 types of soup and a large variety of delicious breads. Great job to the Committee!
- The Parish Picnic will be held on the 2nd Sunday of August. This year August 11th
- There will be an 11:00 AM Mass and the Picnic will begin at noon.
- A meeting of those wishing to help will be held in late April.
- Activities will again include horse rides, children’s games, cotton candy, ice cream sundaes, dance music, table games, croquet, a magician, balloon animals and the “Berkshire County Line Dancers” who will perform and teach a dance.
- Deacon Peter’s Ordination to the Priesthood will take place on Saturday June 1st at St. Michael’s Cathedral in Springfield. Bishop McDonnell’s 50th Anniversary of the Priesthood. His first Mass will be held at St. Mary’s at 5:00 PM following by a reception.
- The Mass at NAM will be cancelled for that day.
Tickets will be distributed to those wishing to attend a few weeks prior to the event so we will have an accurate accounting of the number of persons to prepare for.
- “Boston Seafood” will be the caterer.
- Deacon Peter would like to invite all Altar Servers, children from St. Stanislaus School and will have many guests, including the Bishop, to help him celebrate.
- Fr. David will deliver the Homily
- “Tantum Ego” will be the processional song as Fr. Peter will process with the Blessed Sacrament.
- Fr. Peter will visit the sick and homebound on Sunday before his return to Poland on Monday.
- Smoking – near the end of the meeting a discussion was held regarding smoking in or around the St. Mary’s buildings or campus. The majority present felt this was something to be addressed and this will be reported to Father David.
- The Stations of the Cross will be held every Friday night during Lent except Good Friday at 7:00 PM.
- During Holy Week The Mass of the “Lord’s Supper” will be held at 7:00 PM on Holy Thursday followed by an Agape
- On Good Friday the Stations will be held at 3:00 PM at St. Mary’s
- Deacon Peter will do the Stations at 5:30 PM in the NAM Chapel
- Good Friday Liturgy 7:00 PM at St. Mary’s
- Blessing of the Easter foods at 1:00 PM on Holy Saturday at St. Mary’s
- The Vigil Mass of Easter will be held Holy Saturday at 7:30 PM at St. Mary’s
- Easter Sunday Mass will be at 9:00 AM in St. Mary’s and NAM at 11:30 AM
Meeting adjourned at 8:50 PM.
The next meeting will be May 20th, 2013 at 7:00 PM in the parish hall.
Julie Pelletier led us in the closing prayer.
Deacon Bob Hitter